Click above to listen to the podcast and read the show notes below for extra support. And don’t forget to download the free resource pictured below — this week you’ll discover the easy, 3-step method to use if your instant reactions are causing you permanent problems.
You did it again. Froze up in the moment. Lashed out in anger. Ran away from something you should have stuck around to deal with.
Hey, it happens. Your natural reactions are just that—natural.
However, there is window of opportunity between that natural reaction and your eventual response that allows you to make a choice. Do you follow your instant reaction, or do you choose something better?
Do you act for the moment, or act toward your long-term best interests?
In this episode, you’ll discover a simple, 3-step method to avoid the long-term fallout from your instant reactions.
This Episode Is for You If:
- You find yourself regretting your actions on a regular basis
- You feel like you “can’t help yourself” in certain situations
- Your actions toward others are keeping you from living the kind of life you want
- You often “freeze up” in the moment and don’t know what to do
- You feel overcome by your emotions on a regular basis
Don’t forget to download the free resource guide in the box below. You’ll discover the POP Method, an easy, 3-step method to give your brain a window of opportunity between reaction and response to make a healthier choice.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- How to Respond When Things Go Sideways (Episode 18) [podcast]
- Decision training for Navy SEALS and Astronauts [article]
- TED Radio: Using Observation in Addiction Recovery [podcast]
We’re in the midst of a reset period in our life right now, and it’s not our first.
In the next episode you’ll discover how to bounce back after a period of over-indulgence, whether that’s food, booze, spending, working, or burning the candle at both ends.
We don’t know anyone who doesn’t need this episode!