Click above to listen to the podcast and read the show notes below for extra support. And don’t forget to download the free resource by clicking the blue button below— this week you’ll get a list of 7 Ways to Boost Your Self-Discipline NOW.
Blame your amygdala.
This tiny little part of your caveman brain wants to indulge all your current desires and fight or flee every single fear. It lives In The Moment, an on-demand service of soothing or safeguarding your human body.
This part of your brain doesn’t think long-term. Not even medium-term.
If you have a vision for your life that takes more than RightThisMinute to achieve, you’re going to have to find a workaround for your amygdala’s 24/7 monitoring of your immediate desires and discomforts.
That’s where discipline comes in. Many people consider discipline a chore, as if living by rules is too hard.
Hey, we agree wholeheartedly. Living by someone else’s rules is no fun.
But what if you set up your discipline to live by YOUR rules, to achieve YOUR Plan A Life, and to achieve YOUR personal goals?
You know, self-discipline.
Yeah, that’s totally different. And today you’ll learn how to make self-discipline part of your day so you can achieve your Plan A Life.
This Episode is for You if:
- You have GREAT intentions but poor follow-through
- You get easily distracted
- You work really hard at something but don’t seem to get results
- You have weak willpower (it’s okay—so do we!)
- You feel like life is passing you by and time is running out to achieve your Plan A Life
Links from Today’s Episode
- Boost your self-discipline with mentorship and accountability in Life Lab! Click here for details.
- Know your WHY (Episode #160)
- How to turn envy into excellence (Episode #159). Get the download to use with your mentors.
- Use Decisions Made Easy (Episode #145) to create routines of self-discipline
- Use Themes to boost your self-discipline in focused periods of time (Episode #154)
- Check out the Pavlock to provide that extra boost (aka shock) to help if needed